Does your Washington DC home-owners insurance company have a large amount of customer complaints? Will you have problems placing a claim, or have a valid claim delayed or denied? Is your company any good? Most consumers fail to check the complaint records of their insurance companies. This blog post ranks thirteen of the largest DC home insurance companies based on their 2011 JD Power customer satisfaction ratings, and links to a review with each insurance company’s complaint record. Find out the best & worst companies.
Visit my site to get price quotes, complaint statistics, and customer service & claims satisfaction ratings for all the leading auto & home insurance companies in the USA. How is your insurance company rated? Does it have a lot of customer complaints? Find out at my home page and CLICK HERE!
I’m always blogging to help you find the best policies and prices for auto, home, & life insurance, so bookmark or place my website in your favorites!
With my state reviews, I like to use the state complaint ratios, to tell you if an insurance company has a better or worse complaint record in your state, compared to competing insurance companies.
Unfortunately, the District of Columbia Department of Insurance does not provide state complaint information or market share data.
Since I cannot rank the major home insurance companies by their Washington DC complaint information, I am listing 13 of the largest homeowners insurance companies in the USA, selling home insurance in Washington DC., and ranking them by their 2011 JD Power customer satisfaction rating: Among the best; Better than most; About average; The rest.
Each insurance company is linked to its review on my website, where you can see the insurance company’s national homeowners (including condo, renters, & mobile home) complaint rating. If your insurance company is not on the list below, you can find information about additional insurance companies by going to my website:
If you want to decrease the chance of having a problem with your insurance company, go with the highest rated homeowners insurance company — even if it costs more. The good news is the best home insurance companies often have very good rates. You can insure with a better insurance company and save money.
If you are like me, the best insurance company for you has the lowest price. I can put up with mediocre service if it means saving money.
If you click the link to my website review of the insurance group, you will need to know the correct name of the subsidiary company you were quoted. For example, there are many Travelers subsidiary insurance companies, so you will need to know the quote you were offered was by “Standard Fire Insurance Company,” to check the correct complaint rating.
The insurance companies are ranked from best to worst, by their customer satisfaction rating from the JD Power 2011 national homeowners insurance study. Remember to shop with as many companies as possible, so you can find the best rates, service, & coverage for you.
13 Washington DC Homeowners Insurance Companies Ranked by Their 2011 JD Power Customer Satisfaction Rating (from best to worst)
1. United Services Automobile Association (USAA) Insurance Group 5 power circles (among the best) 883 out of 1,000 points.
2. Amica Insurance Group 5 power circles (among the best) 831 out of 1,000 points.
3. Erie Insurance 4 power circles (better than most) 806 out of 1,000 points.
4. State Farm Insurance Group 4 power circles (better than most) 788 out of 1,000 points.
5. California State Auto Association (AAA / Auto Club) 3 power circles (better than most) 770 out of 1,000 points.
6. Nationwide Insurance Group 3 power circles (about average) 764 out of 1,000 points.
7. The Hartford Insurance Group 3 power circles (about average) 763 out of 1,000 points.
8. Chubb & Son Corp. Insurance Group 3 power circles (about average) 761 out of 1,000 points.
9. Allstate Insurance Corp. Group 3 power circles (about average) 760 out of 1,000 points.
10. The Hanover Insurance Group 3 power circles (about average) 756 out of 1,000 points.
11. Liberty Mutual Insurance Group 3 power circles (about average) 750 out of 1,000 points.
12. Metropolitan (Metlife) Insurance Group 2 power circles (the rest) 742 out of 1,000 points.
13. Travelers Insurance Group 2 power circles (the rest) 732 out of 1,000 points.
Now you know the complaint ratings & JD Power customer satisfaction ratings for some of the biggest home insurance companies in Washington DC. The next step is to get price quotes by shopping your auto insurance & homeowners insurance with ALL the leading insurance companies, you can get a great price AND great customer service & claims handling. Use my website to find all the leading insurance companies, evaluate their customer service, and find the best price for you. Click the ad below and start shopping now!
Do you have any questions or commentary about these Washington DC home insurance rankings? Tell me about it. Please leave a comment on my facebook page. Or, you can e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions and would like my help. Follow me on Twitter for important insurance consumer news and new blog entries at CarInsWatch.